10 Myths about Alcohol you need to know before taking this next shot
Is a glass of wine a day healthy, can a repair shop really cure hangovers, and can you drink more if you drink cream before consuming alcohol?
We have asked a nutritionist, and he has answered the 10 most common myths about alcohol.
1. “If I drink cream before alcohol, I can drink more because there is a retina in my stomach …”
False! Cream slightly slows down the absorption rate of alcohol. But it has nothing to do with a retina.
2. “It takes an hour to burn a drink…”
False! It takes about an hour and a half for a person to burn a drink. Tho it may vary from person to person.
3. “I get a worse sleep after drinking …”
True! Alcohol destroys so-called REM sleep. Even if you sleep for many hours, the quality of sleep is insufficient, and therefore you are still tired the next day.
4. “If I drink on an empty stomach, I become drunker…”
True! The alcohol will be absorbed both faster and to a greater extent.
5. “I can cure a hangover with a repair shop the next day …”
Partly true! The next day, a bit of alcohol will trigger the enzymes that break down the alcohol, so it goes a little faster.
6. “It helps the hangover to eat before I go to sleep …”
True! It can help on the hangover to get some salt inboard before going to bed.
7. “A glass of wine a day is healthy …”
Partly true! If you have a hereditary tendency for cardiovascular disease and are over 45, a glass of wine a day can be healthy. Otherwise not.
8. “Alcohol kills brain cells …”
True! It is primarily the process from being drunk to sober that is harsh to the brain.
9. “I can drink more alcohol if I dance because I burn it faster …”
False! Physical activity does not affect how quickly the alcohol is burned.
10. “I get fewer hangovers from vodka cadence …”
True! Light types of liquor such as vodka give fewer hangovers, as it is only the alcohol that damages, and not other toxins like wood liquor, which is in the dark liquor.
Please remember to drink responsibly! This post isn’t meant to make you sick due to the over-consumption of alcohol. PartyPingo does not encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. Stay safe, everyone!
If you enjoyed our content, please share it with others or give us some feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Post contains Affiliate Links