Cocktails at home
Making cocktails at home can be a fun and delicious way to impress your friends and family, but it can also be intimidating if you don’t know where to start. In this post, we’ll walk you through the equipment and ingredients you’ll need to make some of the most popular cocktails at home. We’ll also provide step-by-step instructions on how to make each drink, so you can impress your guests with your mixology skills. This post contains affiliate links.
- Shaker: A shaker is an essential piece of equipment for making cocktails at home. It’s used to mix and chill the ingredients in a drink. You can use a traditional shaker, or a Boston shaker, which consists of a metal tin and a mixing glass. Get your own Shaker here!
- Jigger: A jigger is a small measuring tool that helps you measure out the perfect amount of ingredients for each drink. Find the Best Jiggers here!
- Strainer: A strainer is used to strain out any ice or fruit from a drink. A Hawthorne strainer is the most common type, it’s a metal strainer that’s placed inside the shaker. Get your Strainers here!
- Mixing Glass: A mixing glass is used to stir drinks that aren’t shaken. Get a Mixing Glass for your delicious cocktails here!
- Bar Spoon: A bar spoon is a long spoon that’s used to stir drinks in a mixing glass. Find the Best Bar Spoons here!
- Muddler: A muddler is a tool that’s used to muddle fruits and herbs in a drink. Get a Muddler for crushing ingredients here!
- Glasses: You’ll need different types of glasses for different types of cocktails. A martini glass, a rocks glass, a highball glass, and a hurricane glass are all good options to have on hand. Find all the different kind of Cocktail glasses here!
Instructions for Classic Cocktails:
- 2 oz. Bourbon or Rye
- 1 tsp. Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Orange peel
- In a rocks glass, add simple syrup and bitters. Stir until well combined.
- Add ice and Bourbon or Rye. Stir until chilled.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- 2 oz. Tequila
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- Salt for rim (optional)
- Rim a rocks glass with salt (if desired).
- In a shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake well.
- Strain into the rocks glass filled with ice.
- 2 oz. White rum
- 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
- In a shaker, combine rum, lime juice, and simple syrup. Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Please remember to drink responsibly! This post isn’t meant to make you sick due to the over-consumption of alcohol. PartyPingo does not encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. Stay safe, everyone!
If you enjoyed our content, please share it with others or give us some feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Post contains Affilite Links