DIY Drinking Games You Can Make at Home
Drinking games are a great way to liven up any party or gathering. But you don’t need to spend money on expensive game sets to have fun. With just a few household items and a little creativity, you can create your own DIY drinking games that are just as entertaining as the store-bought versions. Here’s a guide to making your own drinking games at home.
The Bottle Game
- Cups or glasses
- Dice or coin
- Deck of cards
- Markers or pens
- Paper or index cards
- Empty bottle
- Shot glasses
How to play “The Bottle Game”
- Fill an empty bottle with your drink of choice.
- Take turns spinning the bottle.
- Whoever the bottle points to must take a drink.
- If the bottle lands on the cap, the person who spun it must take two drinks.
- If the bottle lands on its side, everyone must take a drink.
- If the bottle lands pointing at someone who has already taken a drink that round, they must take another drink.
The Card Crawl
- Deck of cards (with jacks, queens, and kings removed)
- Four piles or areas to separate the cards by suits
- Cups or glasses for drinking
- Optional: Markers or pens for keeping track of score or for writing custom rules.
How to play “The Card Crawl”
- Take a deck of cards and remove all the face cards (Jacks, Queens, and Kings).
- Shuffle the remaining cards.
- Divide the cards into four piles, one for each suit (Hearts, Spades, Clubs, and Diamonds).
- Take turns drawing cards from the top of one of the piles.
- The number on the card represents the number of drinks that must be taken.
- If the player draws a card of the same suit that they drew on their previous turn, they must take an additional drink.
- If the player draws an Ace, they can choose another player to take a drink.
- The game ends when all the cards have been drawn or when players decide to stop playing.
- Optional: You can add extra rules such as when a player draws a card with a certain number, they can make up a rule that will be applied to the rest of the game.
The Alphabet Game
- Cups or glasses for drinking
- Optional: a timer or stopwatch to keep track of the 5 seconds rule.
How to play “The Alphabet Game”
- Players take turns saying a word that starts with the next letter of the alphabet.
- If a player repeats a word or can’t think of a word within 5 seconds, they must take a drink.
- If a player says a word that starts with a letter that has already been used, they must take two drinks.
- The game ends when the players reach the end of the alphabet or when players decide to stop playing.
This game can be really entertaining and challenging, it can also be a good way to improve vocabulary and also practice the alphabet.
Now it’s your turn!
Now that you have some ideas for DIY drinking games, it’s your turn to let your creativity flow and come up with your own unique games. The possibilities are endless, so don’t be afraid to think outside the box. You can use anything from dice and cards to household items and even food to create a fun and entertaining game.
Remember that the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the company of your friends. So don’t stress too much about the rules or the equipment, just let the good times roll. Be creative, get a little wild, and most importantly, always drink responsibly. And don’t forget to share your creations with us, we would love to hear about the amazing drinking games you come up with. Happy drinking and have fun!
Please remember to drink responsibly! This post isn’t meant to make you sick due to the over-consumption of alcohol. PartyPingo does not encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. Stay safe, everyone!
If you enjoyed our content, please share it with others or give us some feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Post contains Affilita Links