How to play Beer Pong
Beer Pong is a drinking game where you have to throw a table tennis ball across the Beer Pong table and into one of the opponent’s cups of beer.
The game consists of two opponents (or two gloomy teams), with up to 10 plastic cups at each end – lined up in a specific triangular formation (see further below). Each team takes turns trying to throw the ball into one of the opponent’s mugs – and if you hit, the opponent must drink the contents of the cup and remove it from the table.
The team that first eliminates the opponent’s cups from the table has won.
Get your Beer pong table here!
How to play Beer Pong
You need the following items:
- Beer Pong cups (Get some Beer Pong Cups here!)
- Beer Pong Balls
- Beer Pong table
- It is played in teams of two against two.
- The cups are arranged in a triangular formation as shown on most Beer Pong Tables:
- Fill all the cups with an agreed amount of beer – basic rule: 1 beer per. 3 cups.
- The teams find out who starts (use stone-scissors paper to decide this).
- Start-team participants now throw a ball each (either simultaneously or sequentially).
- Once both balls have been thrown, the opposing team drinks the contents of the mugs that have been hit. Then, the mugs are removed from the table.
- Two balls in the exact cup count for 3 cups.
7. It’s the other team’s turn to throw its two balls.
8. The team that first hit all the opponents’ cups (thus forcing the opponents to drink the contents and remove the cups from the game) has won.
As a general rule, there are three types of throws to choose from:
- The Soft Bow
- The hard and direct throw
- The table tennis throw, where the table is hit first.
Which role works best is up to the individual player to judge.
All throws are legal as long as the throwing participant’s elbow does not reach over the table’s edge. If this is the case, you are standing too close to the table, and the roll is invalid.
Beer pong equipment:
We recommend buying official equipment for both Beer Pong and Flip Cup. Everything from tables, mugs, and balls can be purchased at Amazon’s lowest price here at the shop.
Get all equipment for your Beer Pong adventure!
Please remember to drink responsibly! This post isn’t meant to make you sick due to the over-consumption of alcohol. PartyPingo does not encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. Stay safe, everyone!
If you enjoyed our content, please share it with others or give us some feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Post contains Affilita Links