The mojito was Ernest Hemingway’s favorite drink. The legend has it that if was originally invented in the 1500s by Sir Francis Drake. Drake landed in Havana to raid the city of its gold. Drake and his crew were suffering from dysentery and scurvy. The local South American Indians medicine consisted of, mint leaves, lime juice and the juice of sugar canes. From there those ingredienses the drink was made, and for a long time a cocktail named “El Draque” was popular in Cuba.
Today we know it as Mojito, and is one of our favorite summer drinks. Enjoyed best in the sunshine and preffable on a beach!
- A mordler
- A long glass
- 5 cl white rum
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- A handful mint leaves (around 10 leaves)
- 1 lime
- Soda water
How to make it
- Cut the lime in wedges
- Put the lime wedges in a glass, add the sugar and muddle to release the lime juice.
- Add the mint leaves and muddle gently to release the flavor and aroma.
- Fill half of the glass with ice and add the rum. Stir it untill the sugar is dissolved.
- Top it up with soda water and garnish with mint leaves.
Enjoy and Cheers!
If your looking for more drinks to try. Check out our collection here!
Please remember to drink responsibly! This post isn’t meant to make you sick due to the over-consumption of alcohol. PartyPingo does not encourage irresponsible drinking of any kind. Stay safe, everyone!
If you enjoyed our content, please share it with others or give us some feedback and let us know how we can make it better!
Post contains Affilite Links