After John G. Martin in 1941 bought the US rights to the French Smirnoff in the late 1930’s, he had a hard time selling it. No one in America wanted Vodka, said it was Russian for horrible. He teamed up with a maker of ginger beer who also couldn’t sell his product. And together they created the Moscow Mule, named after the their location at the Chatham Hotel, the birthplace of “Little Moscow,”.
- 4 cl. Vodka
- 2 cl. Lime juice (1-2 limes, also for decoration)
- 10 cl. Ginger beer
How to make it
- queeze the lime juice into a glass (or Moscow Mule mug) and drop in the spent shell
- Drop in a few ice cubes (the more the better)
- Pour in ginger beer and Vodka, a give it a good stir
- Stick a slice of lime on the side of the glass for decoration
Enjoy and Cheers!
If your looking for more drinks to try. Check out our collection here!